- 1. Eedris Abdulkareem, who had incurred the wrath of former president Obasanjo a few years ago with his Nigeria Jaga Jaga hit, again called out President Buhari for imprisoning Fela during his military regime, and even had some not-so-nice words for other Nigerian political leaders. Thankfully, Femi Kuti rushed on stage and asked to perform ‘Koleyewon’ with Eedris, which ended the political lambasting. Phew!
- 2. Ben 7 who was trying hard to carry the crowd along collapsed on stage after hitting his head on one of the stage speakers during one of his energetic jumps. Quite a scary moment. We hope he’s okay now.
- 3. Oritsefemi, known for his ‘street credibility’ was one artiste who heavily connected with the audience all through his performance of his street anthems such as Double Wahala, Igbeyawo, and more.
Oritsefemi performing his ‘double wahala’ which he originally dedicated to Fela Anikulapo-Kuti #Felabrationwith7up #7UP A video posted by ID Africa (@idafricang) on
- 4. That WTF moment when a random white woman came on stage to join an Afrobeat band and began grinding on everything – the floor, the artiste, even the cameraman!
- 5. When Femi Kuti joined Sound Sultan in performing the song ‘Ole’. The crowd erupted and went wild with chants of “Ole” in the air!
- 6. Daddy Showkey stunned the crowd with his signature Galala steps during his performance. Not many expected that much energy from a 45-year old performer.
Daddy Showkey! #AboutLastNight #Felabrationwith7up #7UP A video posted by ID Africa (@idafricang) on
Felabration, sponsored by 7UP, is an annual week-long celebration of the legendary Fela Kuti. Activities at New Afrika Shrine continue with great performances to look forward to from the likes of Wizkid, London Afrobeat Collective, Third World and Burna Boy tonight and tomorrow, October 18th.