Microsoft announced Surface 3 today, the newest edition of the Microsoft Surface series.
The Surface 3, which follows Microsoft Surface Pro 3, has the following features:
- 3G / 4G LTE Connectivity
- Micro USB Charging Port, which uses the same connector as most mobile phones. This port allows you charge the Microsoft Surface 3 which your mobile phone charger, although it would be slower than its 13W charger
- full-size USB 3.0 port, a Mini DisplayPort and a microSD™ card reader
- Runs on Windows 8.1
- One year subscription to Microsoft Office 365 Personal – including full versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote as well as 1 TB of OneDrive storage – with desktop applications and mobile apps like Spotify, Dropbox, Netflix
- Free upgrade to Windows 10
- Thinnest and Lightest of the Surface series at 8.7 mm and 622 grammes
- Sleek Pen Experience and 10.8 inch Screen with Multitouch
- 1920 x 1280 / 3:2 aspect ratio
- 5 Mega Pixel Front Camera
- 8 Mega Pixel Camera with Autofocus for capturing moments, document images and barcodes
- Kickstand with 3 Preset Positions, the traditional desk position, the couch position and the natural writing position
- 10 Hour Battery life based on video playback test-run
Surface 3 is powered by Intel’s newest system-on-a-chip, the Quad-core Intel® Atom™ x7 processor, the highest performing Atom processor on the market.
Surface 3 would begin selling at $499, which is equivalent to N99,325.82 from May 5, 2015.