Chocolat Royale is a 21 year old elite confectionery, well known for its glazed donuts, cakes and ice creams, amongst others. As a matter of fact, anyone who visits Chocolat Royale regularly is considered affluent because of the high prices and quality of baked goods associated with the confectionery.
If the story by City Reporters is anything to go by, then Chocolat Royale really needs to move fast to avert a big crisis that can affect even other businesses connected to the owners.
So, being nice guys that we are, we came up with 7 quick tips the management can adopt in managing the problem and how they can come back from it:
- Never ever run away. Running from the problem is the first sign that shows that you’re guilty. By doing this, you leave your brand and employees vulnerable. You’ve heard cops in the movies say “anything you say or do can be used against you in the court of law” right? It’s no joke.
- Get a good PR team to fix the reputation problem and the public image fast! Get credible influencers and advocates to present your side of the story.
- Lowkey get very good lawyers.
- Release a solid statement. Engage the public. Don’t take a whole year to prepare a ‘robust response’. Admit your wrongdoing and ask for forgiveness.
- Keep your customers in the loop if the crisis progresses and assure them that their interest is paramount to you.
- Change your ways!
- Get NAFDAC to clear you, rebrand and come back better.
Good luck with the rest of it.
And holler at us if you need further help.