By Timilehin Bello
International celebs visit Nigeria from time to time without doing anything ‘unforgettable’. Visiting Nigeria should involve more than just business. There are numerous tourist attractions, awesome events to attend, wonderful people to meet and top notch hang out spots in this beautiful beautiful country.
This interesting ‘t0-do’ list should serve as a guide for international artistes that will visit Nigeria in the future:
- 1.Visit the hood. Rick Ross visited Lagos in 2012 to shoot the video for Hold Me Back. “These …won’t hold me back! These…won’t hold me back!”
- 2. Dress up in local attire and get a chieftaincy title. Shawn Carter, aka Jay-Z, hip-hop impressario, bestselling rap artiste and entreprenuer visited Kwara in 2013 to hang out with Bukola Saraki.
- 3. Drink Nigerian Beer. U2 frontman Bono, after selling over 150 million records to become the world’s wealthiest music artiste worth an estimated $1.4bn caught at Fela Shrine in Lagos living it up with some Star Lager Beer during his visit in August 2015.
- 4. Visit the club and try to keep up with the amazing spectacle of Nigerians having a good time. International DJ Tim Westowood visited Nigeria in 2014 for the Heineken Green Light party finale.
- 5. Learn Nigerian dance moves…As Amber Rose did earlier this year at D’Banj’s 10th anniversary…